This article gives explanation about “how user can allow applications through the firewall in Windows system and what are the risks of allowing programs through a firewall?” The firewall defends some programs and apps using default settings for the purpose of system security. Sometimes, you may allow some applications for communicating them through the firewall. Before allowing an application through the firewall some risks may take place. In such a situation, if you able to open the port then you can send data from your Windows system through the firewall. You can even allow a program through the firewall. So it is called “unblocking”. Your computer becomes a bit less secure due to create an exception through the firewall. You can prevent from security risks by following various methods like creating an exception or closing an exception whenever you need to prevent or never create an exception not at all.
There are list of allowed programs available in a firewall. In these programs you may add a another one program or you may open a firewall part which means you are allowing particular program to send data to your computer or send data from your computer via firewall which called unblocking as above mentioned. If you are doing this task regularly means your computer becomes less secure. Because if you are allowing more number of programs through firewall means, there are more chances to access your files by hackers or malicious programs and use your computer without your intention and then spread harmful malicious programs like worms, viruses and Trojan horses. Generally, adding a program in a firewall to the list of allowed programs is safer than to open a port because if you open a port it will stay open till you close that program. If you add a particular program with the allowed programs the “hole” will be opened only whenever need for a specific communication. By continue reading the below mentioned steps, you will understand that how to remove the programs which are added to the list of allowed programs in a firewall,
- By clicking Windows “Start” button you can get the “Control Panel” option. You have to click on Control Panel. In search box type firewall which directs you to “Windows Firewall” then click it.
- Click on “Allow a program or feature through Windows Firewall” in a left side of Windows Firewall pane.
- Then click “Change Settings” if you are prompted for a confirmation or admin password you have to enter it.
- At last clear the check box of programs which are required to remove from the list of allowed programs in a firewall and then click “Ok”.
In order to close the firewall port, you need to follow the below steps,
- By clicking on Windows “Start” button you can get the “Control Panel” option. You have to click on Control Panel. In search box type firewall which directs you to “Windows Firewall” then click it.
- Click on “Advanced Settings” in a left side pane and if you are prompted for a confirmation or admin password you have to enter it.
- Click “Inbound Rules” in the left side pane “Windows firewall with Advanced Security” dialog box.
- In the center pane choose the rule that you need to disable and then click “Disable Rule” in the right side pane.